Sport Massage, Personal Training and Conditioning Classes
Jon is a sport scientist and coach with many years experience working within a number of sports at both grassroots and elite level.
He has an in depth knowledge of the cycling sport and world having competed at the highest levels around Europe.
As a coach Jon has worked for British Cycling as a Regional coach for the North East working with U16 riders within teams, clubs and schools and also with U18 regional and national level riders. He is currently the cycling lead and sport scientist for the Triathlon England regional talent academy in the north east of England.
Jon recently presented his research at the World Congress of Cycling Science (WCCS) in Leeds, which was well received: ‘The Influence of Positional Biomechanics on Gross Efficiency in Cycling’. Jon has recently received funding from the European Hydration Institute to carry out a study looking at the effect of drink temperature on exercise performance and thermal comfort and perception.
During the 2013/14 Premier League season Jon carried out the role of Performance Analyst at the Academy of Light with Sunderland AFC, working with the age group squads based at the academy.
Jon also provided sports massage at Newcastle Falcons during the 2014/15 season and can regularly be found at events around the region preparing athletes for events and looking after them post event.
At Swissphysio Jon is not only providing sports massage therapy. With his personal experience as international competitive bike rider Jon is also one of the best qualified person in the whole North East to provide bike fitting services.
Other services offered at Swissphysio
- Fitness and personal training sessions
- Group strength and conditioning sessions
- MRes Exercise Science (Northumbria University)
- BSc Sports Science (1st class honours – Sunderland University)
- FdSc Applied Coaching Science (Distinction – Leeds Metropolitan University)
- British Cycling Level 3 coach and Level 2, Road and Time Trial, Track and MTB coach
- VTCT Level 3 Sports Massage Therapy
- UK Athletics Level 1 Athletics Coach & FA Level 1 Football Coach
Jon is a committed cyclist and open water swimmer as well as a long time surfer.